Endless Travel Literary Tour to New Orleans
New Orleans, Lousiana
February 9 - 12, 2017
Jazz, Mardi Gras, the Big Easy, NOLA, intricate iron balconies, The Crescent City…all are words that evoke the vibrancy and uniqueness of New Orleans. Oh…and don’t forget the food! Andouille gumbo, jambalaya, Boudin balls, red beans and rice, pralines, po-boy sandwiches, soft shell crabs, boiled crawfish, shrimp remoulade, muffulettas, mudbugs, beignets, crawfish etouffee – all “must-try’s”.
- Visiting the French Quarter, including Jackson Square and Pirate’s Alley
- Private tour at an above-ground cemetery to learn about the city’s unique burial customs.
- An eyewitness account of the events surrounding the most devastating natural disaster, HURRICANE KATRINA, on American soil
- Mississippi River Steamboat Cruise aboard the STEAMBOAT NATCHEZ with a Creole lunch
- Walking tour of the elegant Garden District, once part of the plantation owned by Bienville, the founder of New Orleans. This historic district is known for its marvelous examples of Greek revival and Italianate architecture.
- Time at the Garden District Book Shop
- Optional opportunities including The National WWII Museum, The Voodoo Tour, Frenchman Street, Antoine’s Restaurant
- Dinner at The New Orleans School of Cooking
- A Mardi Gras Parade that will never be forgotten!